EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT GREEN VALLEY GARDENS
Because we are an outdoor retail nursery and do not rear plants in greenhouses during the winter, we are only open for business from early spring to mid-autumn. Thus, we only hire for seasonal positions, and typically only once per year, though we sometimes hire temporary workers in autumn to help with winter prep. For regular seasonal hiring, we begin reviewing applications in January each year. Depending on early spring weather, our seasonal work typically begins in mid-February. Available work hours can be unstable in early spring, especially if late snowstorms or pandemics or other unforeseen disruptions interfere with operations. However, once spring weather truly arrives, full-time hours are usually available for our seasonal employees. Our peak business season lasts through May, at which point work opportunities will end for most of our seasonal employees.
We are a small team at Green Valley Gardens, so all employees are expected to help out with all areas of operations as needed. Employees must:
– Have a strong work ethic and a willingness to eagerly help coworkers with physically strenuous team projects, such as unloading trees from trucks or digging holes for incoming balled-and-burlapped plants.
– Be able to lift fifty pounds, often many times per day.
– Be willing to use a rake, a shovel, and other tools.
– Be willing to provide quality customer service and run a cash register.
– Be punctual, dependable, professional, and ethical.
No prior experience is required, but relevant experience is certainly a bonus. We love to see applicants with prior horticultural experience, arborist training, knowledge of how to use power tools, ability to drive a tractor, etc.
To apply, applicants may submit THIS APPLICATION and/or a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. We will begin reviewing application materials in January and may still consider applications received in February if more seasonal employees are needed.